The Benefits of Shaklee Soy Protein
Shaklee’s Energizing Soy Protein is a high-quality, plant-based protein which provides 14 grams of heart-healthy soy protein per serving. It is also a low-fat, non-GMO protein that contains all nine essential amino acids. It is also glycemic and comes in natural vanilla and creamy cocoa.
It is also available in Instant Protein Soy Mix which can be added to your favorite recipes and great for baking. As part of a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol, 25 grams of soy protein per day may help reduce the risk of heart disease. Each serving contains 16 grams of non-GMO protein and less than 1 gram of carbohydrate and is also low glycemic.
Dr. Nasr who has a B.S. in Agronomy; M.S. in Biochemistry of anti-oxidants and a PH.D. in Pharmacognosy (science of bio-active products) uses Shaklee Soy exclusively because it has the very best and most complete soy protein and isoflavone content. Shaklee’s soy protein can help so many people who are looking for ways to improve their health. Here are some healthy points:
- Shaklee’s Optiflora and Soy Protein increase the absorption of protein, decrease gas and discomfort and decrease cholesterol by 23%.
- Sixty studies have been conducted showing that soy protein increases bone density more than just Calcium Magnesium does.
- Two studies show that soy and vitamin E, together, decrease LDL (bad cholesterol) by 40% and that is 17% greater decrease than Zocor and Lipitor.
Four studies show that soy protein inhibits oxidation of LDL (bad cholesterol) by 40%. When cholesterol oxidizes, it becomes “sticky” and builds up on the arterial walls, which leads to clogged arteries.
- Soy prevents gall stones. It doesn’t actually dissolve them but it helps to prevent them.
- Soy prevents kidneys from damage. Lots of animal protein may be hard on the kidneys, but soy protein protects the kidneys.
- Shaklee’s protein includes valuable protein and isoflavones that are not present in other soy proteins produced with heat or chemicals. Shaklee’s low heat – water wash process keeps the isoflavones in the protein. Isoflavones are natural cancer fighting ingredients that occur naturally in soy.
- Soy’s protein and Isoflavones inhibit the mutated cell’s ability to make an enzyme that would cause the cell to continue reproducing and form a tumor.
- Soy inhibits the cancer cell from making blood vessels that invade arteries and zap nutrients by a process called angiogenesis.
- Soy increases the killing effect of the white blood cells (phagocytosis).
- Soy’s amino acid Lysine when combined with Vitamin C decreases colon Cancer by 90%.
- The flavanoids (like those in Shaklee’s Flavomax) when combined with Soy Protein are synergistic and work even better together by decreasing breast cancer.
- Beta carotene (like those in Shaklee’s CarotoMax) when combined with soy protein and Calcium with Vitamin D are 10 times as effective at preventing cancer cells from getting an additional blood supply.
- Studies show that women in the Orient get about 80 mg. of Isoflavones a day. However, women in US and Europe only get about 1.0 mg., which is a negative of 80%.
- Soy protein helps the bad cell convert back to a normal cell.
Dr. Nasr also lists the several forms of protein and the length of their chain of Amino Acids. The shorter the chain, the more quickly the Amino Acids can be absorbed and utilized. 1. Soy has the shortest chain and takes less than an hour. 2. Fish is next. 3. Chicken takes about 4 hours. 4. Beef takes about 5 hours. 5. Pork takes about 6-8 hours to digest.
Please check out bevbrown.myshaklee.com for these products.